The complete NEC Express5800 Server Series meets the unique price-performance needs of nearly every environment.
Leveraging the rich heritage of mainframe and supercomputer development, NEC’s Express5800 Server Series provides innovative features that address today’s complex IT infrastructure computing needs. Powered by energy efficient and reliable Intel® Xeon® processors, Express5800 servers deliver the proven performance and advanced functionality that reduce procurement and operational costs.
Scale-out Global Deduplication Storage
High Performance Capacity-optimized Storage for Long-term Data
NEC’s HYDRAstor technology delivers high performance, capacity-optimized and highly available storage solutions, supporting backup, long-term data archive, and DR solutions for all enterprises. HYDRAstor is a scale-out grid storage platform built on top of a scalable back-end object storage with inline global deduplication, solving present and future challenges for long-term data. HYDRAstor’s scale-out grid architecture provides scalability of both performance and capacity, capacity optimization, advanced erasure-coded data protection, and high availability with node-level resiliency. HYDRAstor can be further expanded and refreshed online with no data migration by incorporating newer generation hardware into the same grid system, maximizing investment protection. HYDRAstor delivers the following benefits for long-term data:
- High performance inline global deduplication
- Massive linear scalability exceeding 158 PB and 5 PB/hr
- High availability and no single point of failure
- Advanced data protection with erasure-coded data resiliency
- Investment protection and in-place hardware refresh
Storing, managing and protecting large volumes of data have become increasingly difficult for businesses of all sizes. The risk of losing business critical data is far too costly, and has accelerated the demand for the next-generation of SAN storage solutions from NEC.
The NEC Mx10 Series SAN storage delivers up to 400% higher performance than the previous generation due to larger cache, Intel® Xeon® processors, and a 12Gbps disk interface. The Mx10 Series systems offer increased hybrid storage capability with 1.6 TB flash drives, which enable capabilities like data tiering and cache management for larger data environments.
Improving scalability balances the cost of growth with performance. Designed to support consolidated and virtualized environments, Mx10 Series storage offers advanced software capabilities to improve performance, simplify management, and enhance security.
Introduced in 2011, and installed in production networks around the world, NEC ProgrammableFlow® Networking Suite was the first commercially available Software-Defined Network (SDN) solution to leverage the OpenFlow protocol, enabling full network virtualization and allowing enterprises, data centers and service providers to easily deploy, control, monitor and manage secure multi-tenant network infrastructure.
ProgrammableFlow SDN automates and simplifies network administration for greater business agility, and provides a network-wide programmable interface for unifying the deployment and management of network services with the rest of IT infrastructure. This open network architecture separates the network control plane from the data plane – centralizing and streamlining network administration.
The ProgrammableFlow Networking Suite enables better utilization of all IT assets for ongoing investment protection as customers add functionality or upgrade their networks. With its SDN offering, ProgrammableFlow Networking Suite, NEC offers a simple solution for complex networks.
NEC’s ProgrammableFlow SDN networking solution is:
- Simple – Centralizes and automates control of the network, eliminating fragile and complex protocols and the manual, error-prone processes inherent to conventional networks.
- Fast – Provides highly resilient Layer 2 and Layer 3 multipath networks that support network interfaces up to 1 terabit. ProgrammableFlow’s distributed virtual routing function eliminates the bottlenecks associated with traditional network design, providing line rate optimal traffic forwarding throughout the network.
- Open – Supports both OpenFlow 1.3 and 1.0 standards, and was the first to be certified by the Open Networking Foundation, acknowledging NEC’s commitment to open standards.
- Secure – NEC’s Virtual Tenant Network (VTN) technology enables isolated and secure virtual networks. Each VTN has its own network policy, eliminating complexity and trade-offs in traditional network security design.